A report of the Deputy Director for Achievement was presented regarding vacancies for Local Authority appointed School Governors that had arisen as a result of resignations, the expiry of terms of office or the removal of Governors due to non-attendance and any vacancies deferred from previous meetings of the Corporate Affairs Committee.
The nominations received for such vacancies were outlined in the report submitted an updated version of which had been circulated at the meeting.
It was noted that with the updated position there were currently 16 vacancies out of a total of 142 Governorships for LA representatives, which equated to 11.26%.
The Committee was advised of the current position with regard to a number of schools and the possible implications of the School Governance (Constitution) (England) Regulations 2012 and the appointment of Local Authority Associated Persons to an Academy Governing Body.
ORDERED as follows:-
1. That the following appointments be approved for a four year term of office:-
Archibald Primary - Reverend G Holland (w.e.f. 12.04.13) subject to his willingness to continue to serve as a Governor
Berwick Hills Primary - Mrs S Holland (w.e.f. 28.05.13) subject to her willingness to continue to serve as a Governor
Newport Primary - Councillor Harvey (w.e.f. 13.02.13)
Pennyman Primary Academy - Mr A Mackie (w.e.f. 13.02.13)
St. Pius X R.C. Primary - Mr M Thompson (w.e.f. 13.02.13)
Beverley - Miss K Race (w.e.f. 26.01.13).
2. That having regard to the present position in relation to the Governing Bodies no action be taken with regard to the current vacancies in respect of the following:-
North Ormesby Primary Academy
Rose Wood Primary
3. That the applicant in respect of Ayresome Primary be approved subject to the receipt of the required application form to be considered by the respective Officer in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Committee.
4. That although no objections were made in respect of the application received in respect of Brambles Primary Academy the Ward Councillor be notified of the current vacancy and the respective Officer consult with the Chair and Vice-Chair of the outcome and subsequent appointment.
5. That the appointment to the following vacancies be deferred pending the receipt of nominations in respect of:-
Captain Cook Primary - 1 vacancy
Newport Primary - 1 vacancy
Pallister Park Primary - 1 vacancy
Park End Primary - 1 vacancy
Prince Bishop - 1 vacancy.