Council received a report of the Monitoring Officer, regarding the establishment of committees, sub-committees, boards, panels and working groups for the 2018-2019 Municipal Year, or until amended by Council, (whichever was the latter)
Schedule A of the report submitted set out the Executive and Executive Sub-Committees and Advisory Bodies as agreed by the Mayor.
Schedules B and C identified the nominations received from the various groups and individual Councillors for places on the committees to be established by the Council in accordance with Sections 15 and 16 of the Local Government Act 1989 and Local Government (Political Groups and Committees) Regulations 1990.
The report included a list of current vacancies on various committees and nominations were put forward at the meeting by the individual Members concerned.
Moved, seconded, and ORDERED as follows:
1. That the membership, size and terms of reference of the Executive, its sub-committees and advisory bodies approved by the Mayor as set out in Schedule A in the Appendix to the submitted report, be noted.
2. That the appointment of chairs and vice-chairs of Executive sub-committees and advisory bodies, as indicated in Schedule A in the Appendix to the submitted report, be noted.
3. That the committees, sub-committees, boards, panels and working groups be established, and the terms of reference as detailed in the Schedules B and C in the Appendix to the submitted report be approved for the 2018-2019 Municipal Year, or until amended by Council, (whichever was the latter).
4. Council approved (a) the places allocated in accordance with the wishes of the political groups and other Councillors as shown and (b) the chair/vice-chair appointments indicated for the 2018-2019 Municipal Year, or until amended by Council, (whichever was the latter).
5. That the following appointments, nominated at the meeting, be approved:
Schedule B Appointments:
Casino Licensing Sub Committee - Councillor Higgins and Councillor Lewis
Casino Licensing Sub Committee (Substitutes) Councillor Biswas, Councillor Goodchild and Councillor Harvey
Schedule C Appointments:
Ad Hoc Scrutiny Panel - Councillor McGloin
Children and Young People's Learning Scrutiny Panel - Councillor Hubbard
Children and Young People's Social Care and Services Panel - Councillor Rathmell
Corporate Health and Safety Committee - Councillor Saunders
Culture and Communities Scrutiny Panel - Councillor Mohan - also take Councillor Hellaoui off and replace with Councillor Uddin
Health Scrutiny Panel - Councillor McGloin - also take Councillor Goodchild off and replace with Councillor Hellaoui
Licensing Committee - Councillor Blyth, Councillor Dryden and Councillor Hussain
Staff Appeals Committee - Councillor Mawston
Teesside Pension Fund Committee - Councillor Davison (Take off Councillor McTigue)
Works Council - Councillor McGloin and Councillor Rathmell