The Democratic Services Officer presented a report, the purpose of which was to assist Members of the Panel to consider and agree its work programme for the 2017-2018 Municipal Year.
A list of topical issues and the suggestions received in respect of the scrutiny panel's remit were contained in the submitted report. The Democratic Services Officer suggested that the Scrutiny Panel should select two topics for full review along with several short topics and updates.
The Assistant Director Economic Development, Head of Planning, Head of Transport and Infrastructure, Head of Capital Projects and Acting Head of Development provided powerpoint presentations in relation to their service areas as follows:
Transport and Infrastructure Service.
Major Capital Projects 2017.
The Development Service.
The presentations provided identified priorities, key issues and challenges for each service area. Members requested further information in relation to several items including: the Dock Bridge, the LED lighting programme, the Bus Station, and Housing Development and associated infrastructure and the Officers responded accordingly.
The Assistant Director suggested the following topics for the Panel's consideration:
LED Street Lighting.
Business Growth and Support.
Baker/Bedford Street/Orange Pip Market.
Housing Delivery Vehicle.
Members discussed the information provided by Officers at the meeting, the topics suggested in the report and also some topics suggested by the Chair, a note of which had been provided to the Democratic Services Officer prior to the meeting.
Following discussion, Panel Members agreed the following topics:
1. Tees Valley Strategic Transport Plan - including bus franchising.
2. Business Growth.
3. LED street lighting.
4. Teesside Media and Innovation Village (including Bus Station) - update.
5. Orange Pip Market - update.
5. Albert Road/Linthorpe Road Regeneration - update.
6. Housing Development and associated infrastructure.
7. Middlesbrough's Historic Buildings.
1. The topics listed at 1 to 7 above, would be submitted to the Chair of the Overview and Scrutiny Board for approval.
2. Subject to the above approval, items 1 and 3 would be considered at the next meeting of the Economic Development and Infrastructure Scrutiny Panel on 13 September 2017.