A report was presented to provide Members of the Health Scrutiny Panel with a range of information extracted from various sources to assist in the consideration of suitable topics for inclusion in the Panel's Work Programme 2017/2018.
The submitted report contained a list of potential topics for review, updates arising from previous reviews, suggestions from the Leadership Management Team (LMT), as well as topical issues provided by members of the public, councillor officers, elected Members, voluntary and community sector organisations and Healthwatch.
Members discussed the list of topics and the Officer provided updates and further information as appropriate.
The following topics were proposed for review:
1. Health needs of school age children with particular reference to obesity and dental health
2. The local Sustainable Transformation Partnership (STP) and its implications for residents
The following topic were proposed for information:
3. Abuse of staff in Health Facilities
4. Middlesbrough Prevention Strategy: Adults and Older People 2016 - 2020 (Draft)
5. GP recruitment in Middlesbrough
In addition, updates would be provided on previous topics including:
6. NHS Finances
7. Waiting Times for Cancer Care
8. Breast Radiology Services
9. Healthcare Associated Infections
AGREED that: -
1. The topics listed at 1 to 5 above, would be submitted to the Overview and Scrutiny Board for approval for inclusion in the Panel's Work Programme 2017- 2018.
2. Update reports would be provided in respect of previous reviews listed at 6 to 9 above.
3. That the July meeting of the Health Scrutiny Panel focused on the latest developments with the local Sustainable Transformation Partnership (STP). An invitation would be extended to the Chief Officer at South Tees CCG, the Councils Chief Executive and the Director of Adult Social Care and Health Integration. An open invitation would be extended to all Members.
4. That the panel meeting scheduled for September be held at James Cook University Hospital (JCUH). An update on Breast Radiology Services to be provided by South Tees NHS Foundation Trust.
5. That the Middlesbrough Prevention Strategy: Adults and Older People 2016 - 2020 (Draft) be presented at the panels September meeting.
6. That the topic of access to sexual health services across South Tees be referred to the South Tees Health Scrutiny Joint Committee.