Terms of Reference - Corporate Parenting Board
1. To develop a cadre of Councillors with the knowledge and expertise in issues relating to Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
2. To advocate the interests of Looked After Children and Care Leavers within the Council.
3. To monitor the work of the Council and other related agencies in contributing towards positive outcomes for Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
4. To provide guidance and challenge to decision makers in relation to Looked After Children and Care Leaver issues
5. To provide formal comments on all proposals and, to be consulted about all policy decisions affecting Looked after Children and Care Leavers.
6. To promote involvement by all Councillors in the Corporate Parenting role.
7. To consult with, and listen to, Looked after Children and Care Leavers and to respond to their views taking into account the issues they raise.
8. To ensure that the Council, as the Corporate Parent meets the diverse needs of Looked after Children and Care Leavers.
9. To develop and implement an annual work programme which will include:-
- Active Participation: by working with the CiCC (children in care council) and the Care leavers forum. Including wider participation by discussion of matters of
interest with Looked after Children and Care Leavers.
- Consideration of the regular reports prepared for the Children and Young People's Scrutiny Panel
- Discussion of matters of concern with officers, foster carers and others as considered appropriate by the Board.
- To write an annual report regarding the Boards activities and Annual Work Programme to:
(b) the Children and Young Peoples Scrutiny Panel
(c) the wider Council and
(d) Children and Young people Looked After by the Council.
|Councillor M Carr (Lab)||(Chair)|
|Councillor J Brunton Dobson (Lab)||(Vice-Chair)|
|Councillor A Hellaoui (Lab)|
|Councillor L McGloin (Ind)|
|Councillor C M Rooney (Lab)|
|Councillor J Sharrocks (Lab)|
|Councillor Z Uddin (Lab)|
|Councillor J A Walker (Lab)|
|Councillor M Walters (Lab)|